North Mundham Primary School Christmas Bazaar
Friday December 1st 3.30-5.30pm
The Christmas Bazaar is one of our most important fundraising events of the year and there is a huge amount of preparation involved in getting it all ready. We need your help to make it a very successful afternoon. Funds raised from last year’s Bazaar allowed us to purchase furniture for the Outdoor classroom which the children are very much enjoying and reading books to continue promoting literacy. We hope this year’s Bazaar will be another huge success! During the next 3 weeks there are many contributions you and your family can make to help the school have a fantastic event on the 1st December.
- Sell the Raffle ticketsRaffle tickets are only 50p each and you have the chance to win some amazing prizes! Tickets are in the white envelope sent home along with this letter. Please try and sell as many tickets as possible to friends, family, colleagues etc and return all the raffle tickets (including any unsold tickets) to school office by Thursday 30th November at the latest. If you would like any extra books to sell at your place of work/local pub etc please contact the school office.
- Donate a Raffle or Silent Auction PrizeDo you own a company, or could your place of work donate a prize to go into the Raffle Draw or the Silent Auction? These stalls always raise a lot of money and depend upon the fabulous prizes that our generous school community donates. We have received gift vouchers, event tickets, hampers, haircuts, doggy care and grooming vouchers – everything is very much appreciated. If you can donate a prize, please complete the slip at the end of this letter and give it to the school office as soon as possible.
- Enter our Christmas Bazaar Programme Front Cover CompetitionChildren – are you a budding artist and would like to see your work published on the front cover of the Christmas Bazaar Programme? Please submit your Christmas design on A4 paper, labelled with your name and class on the back. If your child’s design is chosen as a winning entry, it will be reproduced, therefore please submit designs in pen, not pencil to ensure their wonderful work shows up clearly. Please hand your entry to your class teacher by Wednesday 29th November. There will be a fantastic prize for a winner from each class.
- Bring a donation on non-uniform day – Friday 24th NovemberOn Friday 24th November we would like your child to donate a gift for the Christmas Bazaar, in return for wearing non-school uniform. This year the donations required are as follows:
Years R & 6: Bottles, for the Bottle Tombola e.g. wine, fizz, beer etc.
Year 2: Items for Children’s Toy Tombola e.g. Christmas-themed NEW stationery and toys
Year 4&5: Chocolate, for the Chocolate Tombola e.g. individually wrapped chocolate bars or small boxes of chocolates, bags of fun-sized chocolate bars
Year 3: Cakes & Biscuits for the Refreshment Stall – please fill in the attached promise slip for a cake(s) donation and return to school on Friday 24th November. Bring in baked goodies on Thursday 30th/Friday 1st December
Year 1: Items for our Christmas Stall e.g. Christmas Produce, Christmas Decorations, Christmas Gifts
- Toys and Games Donations During the week of the Bazaar, we invite everyone to donate good quality second-hand toys and games. Please note we are not seeking book or teddy donations this year. Please bring your donations to your class/office during week commencing Monday Nov 27th and by Weds Nov 29th latest.
- Stocking Filler Donations This year, we will be running our Stocking Filler Tombola in place of the Teddy Tombola. We invite everyone to take a plastic tumbler (available from the office or classroom from next week) and fill it with Stocking Filler delights. This could be small nick knacks, pocket money toys, marbles, sweets, hair ties etc. Anything that looks attractive. Feel free to decorate your tumbler as you wish. Please bring your donations to your class/office during week commencing Monday Nov 27th and by Weds Nov 29th latest.
- Helping Hands – Friday 1st DecemberThe Bazaar cannot run without helpers on the day. Just half an hour of your time (help from family members always appreciated too!), setting up during the day or helping to run a stall makes a HUGE difference. We need lots and lots of helpers to man stalls, serve drinks, label up Tombola prizes so please sign up to the time that best suits you. It is a lot of fun and there is always a plentiful supply of tea and biscuits to keep us going. The Choir will be performing to open the Bazaar at 3.40pm. Therefore, if you are a parent or relative of a Choir member and would like to see them perform please choose a later slot to help man a stall. Please complete the Helping Hands Promise slips and return them to school anytime but before Friday 24th November.
Join the North Mundham PTA Facebook Page Join us on Facebook! Search for the North Mundham Primary School PTA Events Page and click on Join. We publicise all the latest updates on the PTA and of course details of upcoming events.
If you wish to contribute in anyway, please e-mail: email@example.com