A warm welcome to Mrs Tina Tew who is joining us as our Receptionist/Admin Assistant in the School Office. Please say ‘hello’ and I’m sure she will quickly get to know everyone. We hope she will enjoy the busy life in our school.
Thank you to the 55 families who returned the recent Parent View questionnaire. We are delighted with the outcome and particularly that parents feel strongly that we are working very hard to make sure everyone is safe in school and that teaching is good. All the comments have been forwarded and discussed with the governors.
We are hopeful that finally some good weather is on the way and we have rescheduled our postponed sponsored walk for Friday 25th May.
- If you have lost your sponsor form – please ask at the office. If you handed in your sponsor form – we still have it and will return it after the walk is completed.
- If you are able to accompany one of the walks, please indicate this on the form provided.
- Please cancel any hot meals booked for Y5 and Y6.
- Please indicate on the form if you will collect your child(ren) at 2pm or 3.20pm or if your child is booked in Care Club on this date.
We will keep to the same arrangements for the walk as before:
- Class R will be walking to St Leodegars Church in Hunston and back. (Departing school 10am returning to school 12pm)
- Classes 1 and 2 are walking across the fields to Hunston shops then along the pavement to the playing field and across to St Leodegar’s Church (where they will have a drink stop) and back to school for lunch. (Departing school 9.45am returning to school 12pm)
- Classes 3 and 4 are walking across the fields to Hunston, along the canal, round to Hunston Village Hall (where they will have a drink stop) and back to North Mundham for lunch. (Departing school 9.50am returning to school 12pm)
- Classes 5 and 6 are walking across the fields to Sidlesham Village Hall. They will have their packed lunch in the Village Hall before they walk back to North Mundham. (Departing school 9.10am returning to school 1.50pm)
If your child is in Class 5 and 6 and usually has a hot school lunch we would be grateful if you could cancel this as soon as possible and provide a packed lunch on this day.)
Please consider the following as we approach the summer:
- Make sure your child has a water bottle in school every day (replacements £1 from the office).
- Please apply suncream before school and, if you want your child to replenish this at lunchtime, clearly name the suncream container and teach them how to apply the cream.
- Provide a hat or cap for very sunny days (school caps £3.50 from the office).
- Put icepacks in school lunchboxes to maintain a safe temperature. Freezing yogurt sticks is a good idea but a completely frozen drink will often still be frozen by lunchtime!
We are very fortunate to have such a useful space adjacent to the school. If you are using this space to play after school please remember it is a public space and anybody could be passing through. In assembly I have reminded the children to keep in sight of the adults with them. Please be aware of where your children are and who they are with.
Unfortunately we are not covered by West Sussex insurance for children playing in the school grounds or on the Adventure Trail before school or after they have been collected, so it is extra helpful to have the playing field nearby.
Fruity Friday starts this Friday, 20th April. Fruity Friday encourages children in KS2 to have a piece of fruit at break time.
If your KS2 child would like to be part of our ‘Fruity Friday’ scheme, we would like to ask that they bring £3 in a named envelope which will allow them to choose a piece of fruit each Friday until the end of the Summer term.
Don’t forget to send in the slips for any clubs that your child/children would like to attend this term. Clubs start week commencing Monday 30th April, with the exception of Football with Albion in the Community which starts next Tuesday and Judo starts next Thursday.
Please check that your child has a water bottle in school every day. If they have lost theirs, please bring one from home (please put their name on it) or Mrs Cross has some spares in the school office (£1).
North Mundham School caps are available from the School Office – price £3.50.
Sadly, due to the weather and the conditions in the countryside, the sponsored walk will be postponed tomorrow. We will let you know as soon as we make a new date for after the Easter holidays.
Any money and sponsor forms can be brought in now or wait until after the walk.
You are still welcome to collect your child/children at 2pm tomorrow, if you have already indicated this on the slip that was returned to school.
Children should come to school tomorrow in their school uniform as usual.
Mr Chris Jack was nominated for a further term of office and we are grateful to him for his willingness and enthusiasm to continue in this role. There is a second vacant space for the appointment of a parent governor so, if you may be interested, please ask me or Mrs Cross in the office to find out more.